Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A good thing going

Okay, so I just have to share this. I talked to four of the playwrights from the Six Women Playwriting Festival last night and they're very jealous of The Drama Lab.

Turns out that their playwriting groups typically consist of three or four playwrights reading each others' work at one of their homes. They couldn't believe we get up to 20 people at our readings and meet in a real theater and have experienced actors read the plays.

In fact, Maureen Brady Johnson (she wrote All Things Must Pass) asked if we would read one of her 10-minute plays and send her the feedback. I never thought about doing something like this, but I'm always open to new ideas so if it's all right with all of you, I think we should give it a try (I'll take care of sending her the feedback).

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for their continued support. It's you who've made the Drama Lab the success that it is!

And I want to send a special shout-out to Birgitta and Jim for letting us use their wonderful theater in the first place. Thank you so much!

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment