Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Under new management

As of our October meeting, award-winning playwright and longtime Drama Lab member Sue Bachman has taken over as director of our group. I've thoroughly enjoyed my involvement over the last five years, but it's time for me to pursue other opportunities.

I'm not going away. I'll still pop in to our monthly meetings from time to time, but I'm going to focus my energies on launching my new project, Screaming Meatball Theatre Company. Each month or two, this group will present a public staged reading of my latest play at Library 21c, and I hope to involve as many of our Drama Lab actors as possible.

From this point on, Sue will be your contact for the Drama Lab. She's the one who'll be sending out a reminder before each meeting. She's also the one you should contact if you want to reserve a play reading slot or if you just want to let her know that you will or will not be attending a meeting.

Note that for the near future, meetings will continue to meet on the second Monday of the month at 7pm, but we've moved our meetings to Studio K (Kathy Paradise's private acting studio), 3307 N. Institute St. When you get there, don't ring the doorbell (unless you really feel a need). Just go through the wooden gate next to the garage and enter the studio from the backyard.

I want to thank all of you for your support over the last five years, and I look forward to seeing our group continue to thrive and grow in the future!

Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment